About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am your Political Jedi, who will answer any of your political questions. I am a student at ACC and this Blog is for GOVT 2305. Political View: Conservative

11 November 2008

Should We Vote?

I am commenting on Deborah’s most recent post on iGov: ‘I Think we Should Vote’.

I agree 100% with what she is saying and believe it is absolutely necessary to vote in any election. If everybody says “my vote doesn’t really count, so I’m not going to vote” then nobody goes to vote, and nobody is elected. That can’t be good for our democracy.

Another point she brings up is that, sometimes, a person doesn’t like either candidate and therefore doesn’t vote. If you are in that position, go for the lesser of two evils and vote for the one you hate the least.

Here is an interesting side note: Keith Olbermann, the psycho host of Countdown with Keith Olbermann, has never voted, even though he makes a living smashing and destroying the candidate that he doesn’t like.

Yet another good point is that the American populace needs to become more active in the election process than they are by reading articles or watching the news. You need to be informed about the candidates so you can make a well thought out decision come Election Day.

No comments: